Skip to main content

Awards, Awards, and more Awards....

Well, I feel truly honored and a little shocked but I am ever so thankful.  My sweet and talented friend over at Smitten with First has given my lil' ole blog 2 awards.


Once you receive the Lovely Blog Award, you must follow 3 rules: 1. Follow the person that gave you the award. 2. Link back to the person that gave you the award. 3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers.







The rules for this award are: 1. Thank the blogger who nominated you. 2. Include a link to their site. 3. Include the award image in your post. 4. Give 7 random facts about yourself. 5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. 6. When nominating, include a link to their site. 7. Let other bloggers know they’ve been nominated.








Now that I've received these awards I need to share 7 random facts about myself. Sooo...here I go:


1. I play on a coed softball team with my husband. I am actually the other teams best player. :/

2.  I have a son that will be a SOPHOMORE this year. gasp!!-that doesn't even feel real to type......time flies. :( I have a daughter that will be a 3rd grader. 

3.  I LOVE to watch forensic files and murder mystery shows.

4.  My husband and I met at church and he is 4 years younger than me. :))

5.  One of my favorite movies is Shag.  (I love that movie!)

6.  I LOVE chocolate Dr. Peppers from Sonic. yuuummmm

7.  I love to play the music loud in the car and sing like a rockstar!!

Well, I now feel like you guys know me a little better!  Now it is my turn to nominate 15 blogs for these awards.


1. Learning in Wonderland  2. Teaching Star Students  3. Building a House of Love           4.  Simpson Superstars  5.  Teaching Chick  6.  Stellar Students  7.  Room 4 Imaginations  8. Ms. Draffkorn  9.  4 the love of teaching  10.  Learnings a Hoot 11.  Success in Second Grade  12.  2nd grade Rocks  13.  Second Helping for the Teacher
14.  Adventures in 2nd grade  15.  Ms Pretzel

While I was making my list of blogs that I wanted to give these awards to I received another award...........I KNOW.........that's crazy!!  This award highlights new bloggers and we all know I'm definitely a new blogger.  Thank you so much Anne @ Creative Happenings for thinking of me when handing out this award.

Here are the rules:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.  (check)
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.  (check)
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. 

And now...........my top 5 picks are.......Drum roll, please...................
1.  Smitten with First  2.  Adventures in 2nd grade  3.  Ms. Pretzel  4. Learnings a Hoot  
5.  Room 4 Imagination

Thank you friends and happy blogging!!


Comments

  1. Congrats on the awards! You deserve them friend!
    Michelle @ Smitten With First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw congrats to you! Super exciting! My boyfriend is a year younger than me.. look at us getting those younger guys! :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, and I'm your newest follower. Come by when you get a chance!

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your awards and Thank you so much for thinking of me! I also love playing loud music in my car! I always miss phone calls in the car because I can't hear the ring tone:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award. I just posted a giveaway but I promise to link back and post about this award soon. Thanks again,
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your awards!! We just found you and are now following! We would love it if you stop by sometime!
    Katie & Lisen
    wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...