Skip to main content

Sequencing and a Sticky Ball

Remember I told you that I LOVE baseball?!?!  Well, we spent this week reading books about baseball and stories with a baseball theme.  Our goal this week was to practice recalling the beginning, middle, and end of the story.  After reading Luke Goes to Bat the kids had to write something important that happened in the beginning of the story, an important event in the middle of the story, and how the story ended.  We used baseballs to record our answers and then.......I gave them 1 piece of manilla paper and told them to incorporate their baseballs in a picture.  Have I mentioned how creative my class is????  I think that they are fantastic.  Look at some of the pictures that they came up with....

A few of the kids made their picture 3 dimensional!!  Greatness!!  I didn't get any pictures of the our notecard sort BUT you can use the template if you want.  I would stop periodically throughout the story and allow the kids to write an important event from the beginning, middle, and the end of the story.  Then the kids illustrated their sentences, cut the cards apart, and tested a classmate on whether they could put the story back in the correct order.  I think they did a fabulous job.  

{Click here} if you would like to use my templates.  


Finally, I want to share with you THE GREATEST THING ever invented.......

Every child will make sure that they KNOW the answer OR how to figure it out just to throw this sticky ball at a target.  Best way to review ANY concept.  My target is projected onto my whiteboard through my projector (you could always draw it if you don't have a projector).  The target is labeled with points so depending on where the sticky ball lands depends on how many points a team will get. 

You can pick up some other fantastic freebies at TBA because it's.....




Have a Sweet Day!!!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...