Skip to main content

Do You Know Billy Snow???

Well, do you?  He is the superintendent in Mansfield and he led our training on Monday and will lead another one on Friday.  He has a lot of energy and I have truly enjoyed his passion for the kids.  Our school will be modeling Mansfield's schedule for next year.  Mr. Snow has shared success stories from his campus and the previous schools that he has been a principal. The schedule has an hour built-in intervention time and then everything else is scheduled around that time.  During the intervention time the kids not needing RTI will work on Think Tanks.  Think Tanks.  Now, I haven't seen these, I'm not even really sure what they are, but the kids will work independently on these tanks for about 3-4 days.  Intrigued??  Me too.  The make-&-take and training will be this Friday...so unless you have info to share with me, then you will stay in suspense until after I have been trained.  I'm looking forward to making, taking, and sharing!!

That's the extent of my knowledge on this.....  



In the meantime I must stay busy...my big baby left Tuesday to play baseball in Tampa, then off to Jupiter, and finally I'll meet up with him at the end of the month in Fort Meyers.  I am SUPER proud of his hard work and I know he will make new friendships and cool memories BUT {sniff, sniff} I just miss him terribly.  It feels like just yesterday he was going to t-ball games and acting like Spider-man.  


Yikes!  He's too big for all that now......he's bigger than me.  Sweet boy. 

Okay, subject change.  I will get back to you soon about Think Tanks but in the meantime, if you know something that you would like to share with me, I would LOVE to hear from you.

Have a Sweet Day!!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...