Skip to main content

Goodbye Classroom.......Hello Summer

I wasn't sure if I was going to survive the end......it seemed to come so fast and then so much to do!!  I was originally supposed to move my room, after packing a few boxes plans changed.  So, I packed, unpacked, stuffed (I'm going to regret this in August), trashed (not enough stuff), and shared as much as I could.  

I spent a lot of time (too much) trying to decide my end of year gifts or keepsakes for the kids.  Finally I decided on a letter to each student and a picture with me.  I think they turned out summer cute and I didn't break the bank.




They kids really liked them too.  It makes my heart happy when they tell me how much they love things that I pour my heart into.


We finally finished our novel unit Roxie and the Hooligans.  Our week long unit became two weeks because of assemblies and last minute changes of our schedules.

{click here}

BUT I LOVE how this turned out.  The kids loved it and we had fantastic conversations about this book.  We ended the unit with a Roxie or Norman craft and a letter to one the bullies written from the perspective of Roxie or Norman.  Greatness!!  They did such a great job!

Then my husband's sweet Granny came over from Australia to stay with us for a week visit.  My husband planned lots of sight seeing all over Dallas for them BUT I think she was happy just to visit the malls.  She wore them out....even my lil' sassy pants shopper.  Granny can SHOP until everyone else DROPS.  All that shopping deserves a pedi. 



Well, this post is going out later than I wanted it to BUT technically we are still in school because we had training yesterday and ONE MORE on Friday.     




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...