Skip to main content

Day 2 and 3 Kirbys Go West

Well we made it to the Grand Canyon after another looooooonnnng day of driving. 

And this was first thing we see when we pull into the park so I’d say it was well worth the drive. 




But wait, there’s more…..once we park and walk into the visitor center we find these guys just roaming around.



Park Ranger: Ma’am, I’m going to need you to pick up your dog so that he doesn’t upset the animals.

Me: {thinking…hmmm, I’m not sure that’s really going to be a problem considering the animals are at the visitor’s center hanging out)  Yessir.

Jenna and I weren’t really sure what to expect leading up to seeing the Grand Canyon.

Jenna: So dad, is the Grand Canyon basically a hole in the ground??

Josh:  (silently chuckles) I can’t wait for you to see it.



Seriously, I DO NOT have words to describe the beauty and magnitude of what we saw.        IN. CRED. I. BLE!!   BREATHTAKING!!



….but I had NO IDEA how disoriented I would feel seeing my family getting close to the edge.  Ya’ll, I cannot even handle it.  It literally makes me sick and these two LOVE doing things like this.


Although, it makes me dizzy and nervous I just want to take a picture of everything to share the beauty with the world but pictures just don’t seem to it justice.



We were up early this morning to take a short hike down the canyon.  It was a wonderful trail but again it was hard for me to walk and look at the same time.  The first step I took I slid which made Jenna and Josh think about leaving me back at the campsite where I wouldn't be a danger to myself. 



We passed mules on this trail!!!  People ride mules down the canyon.  I wanted to tell all of them to get off because the were scaring me but I didn’t, I kept all my crazy thoughts to myself.   I want to know how many people fall off and die!  There are no rails around this thing it’s just this grand canyon that you can walk up to and look down into. 


We’ll be back this evening to experience another beautiful sunset, I'm sure it will be GRAND. ;-)

            `



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...