Skip to main content

Good News....I'm No Longer Freaking Out

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed by my lack of communication with the world.  I told you that I was FREAKING OUT, then I went silent.  Scary Larry!!--Sorry about that.  It's been waaay too long for one blog to go back and share everything that has taken place since August BUT you should know that I'm LOVIN' 4th grade.  They are precious and independent and we are having an amazing time learning from each other.  

This week has been our Thanksgiving break from school and time to spend with our families.  I love this time of year.  It. is. my. FAVORITE!  I love the coziness, the smells, the movies, the warm fires and the cuddles.  During this break my little sass, aspiring photographer, planned a photo shoot for me and the Mr.  This is the text that we received the night before our photo shoot...

Did I mention she is 10??  This is serious business but we had a fun time playing with her.  Here's a sneak peek from our session:








 


She came up with all of this on her own.  She does have an eye for a good shot but she doesn't get that from me.  I usually cut heads off in our family photos.  We play "guess who that is"?--with the pictures I take.

In between my photo shoots, pinning exciting lessons for 4th graders and writing papers for grad school, I also help the Mr. train his new K9.  I like to think that I am part trainer.  In reality, I just go on a run and he tracks to find me.  He finds me...EVERY TIME.  It amazes me what these dogs can do but not without a lot of praise, reward and the building of their confidence.  I can't help think about children when they are learning something new and the importance that praise and building of their confidence can make all the difference in their success while they navigate and explore new skills.


  

I'm leaving you with this but I promise to be back.  I'm looking forward to sharing all my latest techy adventures and happenings in the classroom.  

All My Love,





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...