Skip to main content

Good Things

What happens when we give kids the chance to share something important to them?  This is one of the many things that I loved about Capturing Kids Hearts from Royse City.  I completely understand the importance of giving the kids the opportunity to share something good for a multitude of reason but I also know it takes time.  Guess what?  I found a way for the kids to share their "good things" first thing in the morning.  We call it our Daily News and we do it on a padlet wall with our ipads.

Have you heard of Padlet?


We call it our Daily News but it's done on the iPads and is immediately projected onto our whiteboard to read throughout the day.  And it is FREE!!
All you need to do is set up an account.  You can go here to create your own.

Each morning I open a new padlet wall, super easy.  Scan the QR code with a few ipads.  The QR code is on the right side when you click the share button.  The kids are now ready to write.  

I think they think the best part is the emojis they get to use.  They LOVE the emojis so setting a limit might be smart.  Otherwise you will have a page full of pictures.


The kids have the opportunity to share something important to them.  It's their "good thing" to start the day.  This gives me the chance to have a conversation with the kids about the things that are important to them that I may have otherwise never known.  

It's about relationships.  When they know we care, they will care.--We must CAPTURE their HEARTS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...