Skip to main content

Kirbys Get Lost...Summer Vacay

Well, we are not actually “lost” mainly because I’m not the one in charge of driving but we are getting lost like leaving and getting out of here.  We are getting lost in our thoughts, lost in nature and wrapped up in our time with each other without any of the distractions of everyday life.

ROAD TRIP LIFE HACK:
Before we left Josh, Jenna and I each picked 20 songs each and put them on a Spotify summer playlist.  We shuffled the playlist and it was fun to see who’s song was going to play next.  You were guaranteed to know the words of at least every 3rd song.:-)  We had quite the variety….from Metalica to Snoop Dogg to Teen Beach Movie.   

Our first stop was Palo Duro Canyon in Amarillo, Texas.  It’s amazing to me that places like this are just a few hours from my driveway.  It was beautiful BUT HOT.  Seriously, finding shade was like almost nonexistent.  We actually waited until later in the evening before we did any hikes.


We enjoyed dinner at a beautiful pavilion patio that is used to major events and parties. We snuck up with our hot dogs and all the fixins’ and enjoyed the beautiful view in true “wedding crasher” style.


The lighthouse hike was six miles round trip and wasn’t difficult.  It was fun and scenic.  We saw turkeys, horned frogs, deer and we heard coyotes.  Here is the game changer though…..we saw 3 tarantulas.  YES, TA-RANT-U-LAS!!!  Like Home Alone tarantulas….like Stephen King your worst nightmare.

So, basically after seeing these on the trail…..I’m done.  Just no.  I don’t do spiders…..especially ones as big as my dog.  So I’d recommend this trail to those of you that can handle that. Otherwise, take a hike somewhere else. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...