Skip to main content

Kid Bloggers

This year I wanted to get more TECHY. <-it's a word.  And as soon as I decided I wanted to do this, my school district offered a Digital Fluency course.  Funny story though, I couldn't even figure out how to sign up for it because it was TOO TECHY.  Yes, I'm that person.  But let me tell you.....I have learned so much!!  

The biggest thing that I have learned and implemented in my classroom is a kid blog.  The kids LOVE it!!  The best thing about it is they are writing.....because they want to write.  They have an authentic audience to write for and they want to share their opinions and thoughts with the world.  
 Oh, and it's FREE!  There is a paid version that allows the students to choose their own backgrounds and a few other other things.  But while were are just starting out the free one is perfect.  

{link to our blog} 

Just recently we have finished reading biographies in my guided reading groups and some of the kids have shared about the person they learned about.  

They have shared their opinions about our novels that we are reading.  Book reviews about the books they check out from the library and sometimes they just blog about what is on their mind.  (kinda like we do)

Here's the best part......anyone that has the link can leave a comment.  Isn't that great?!?!  I have parents that are responding to their child's posts.  Even the superintendent has responded to some kids.  Wouldn't this make you want to write?  My kids are even writing from home over the break!!  This makes my teacher heart happy!! 

If your kids are not blogging.........they should be.  Seriously, if I can do it, anybody can do it.  I put the link to Kidblog and the link to our class blog.  You should check us out and leave us some comments.  

All My LOVE, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...