Skip to main content

Planning for the New Classroom

This new school year brings with it a lot of NEW.  I will be in a new school district, a new grade (kinda-just different from last year), and a new classroom. So in order to simplify and make things a little easier my plan was to keep the same classroom decor (I know, BORRRING) but I loved the black and white with turquoise.

.....and then I walked into my new classroom.  I was swept away into a world of wood paneling. There is faux wood everywhere!  Not far from the door was a large box fan propped against the wall along with a note stapled to the beautiful faux wood wall. The note read:

I'm thinking that was very kind of someone to share the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke with me in my classroom. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?? At this point I'm beginning to sweat a little, not because of faux wood,a box fan, and this new sign that is posted in my classroom but because I live in the state of Texas and it's HOT!! 
 Seriously, it was dark in there and HOT.  So I didn't stay long but I did decide that I will need bright colors.  I have to brighten this den of faux wood. No fear HOBBY LOBBY can fix this.  I will definitely keep my black and white but we need bright colors.  The room has 4 windows but I don't really want to cover them I just want to brighten them.  I bought ribbon, dowel rods, and command hooks to make my own curtains.



I think they'll brighten the hut up a little. I also bought lime green wrapping paper to cover the walls and made a few labels for the room.


{table labels here}
{clock labels here} 

Now I just need to get back in there and make it feel like home. I can't wait to show you the before and after. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...