Skip to main content

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Well, I'd say Operation Gratitude was a Success! Almost all of my kids brought in a bag of their sweets from Trick-or-Treats.  I'm pretty positive that some treat bags were a little smaller by the time they arrived at school. I'm grateful for their generous hearts and their desire to give what they had. Even some of my teacher friends brought sweets.

We sorted and separated the chocolates, made circle maps of things to share in our letters, and wrote letters to the soldiers.  




I LOVE that they wanted each person to receive their favorite candy and some were concerned about allergies.



We ended up mailing 17 lbs of candy and 21 letters.  November 15 was the deadline to send candy but 
you can visit Operation Gratitude if you would like to get involved another way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...