Skip to main content

What's Going On In Your Room?

So....where do I begin? Well, I have finally finished all my classes for my master's degree.  I've turned in my ARP paper and I'm just waiting to hear from the university. It has been weird making plans to do something without first checking to see how much I should read and how many papers I should write before I make plans.  I have so much {mind} time. It's great!

Mind time.....my mind has been racing with ways to get my kids prepared to be a BIG 5th grader.  I want to fill their learning gaps and help them to continue to grow and learn. Let me show what is going on in my classroom.

After my students' last test I printed out each individual student's data chart for that assessment.  



They placed this chart in their data folder and highlighted the objectives that they scored below 75% on.  
I have placed tubs around the classroom filled with activities and games that will help reinforce the objective that the student struggled with and needs to learn. Each tub is labeled with the different student objectives.  
The kids will be in charge of looking at their objectives and choosing a skill that they need to work on. During this station time I will be meeting with small groups for guided reading instruction. My goal for my students is for them to be aware of what they are struggling with and become responsible with their time to become better.  They will become independent learners in charge of their own learning!


Well, I realize that I have been rambling and if you have stayed with me for this long I've got a goodie for you...

I made these activities to help with the student objective 4.2A 
{I can determine the meaning of grade-level academic English words derived from Latin, Greek, or other linguistic roots and affixes.}
{click here}

You can stop by my tpt and pick it up for FREE until tomorrow. Hurry!

Have a fantastic week!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, America! {{GIVEAWAY & FREEBIES}}

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!! Our plan is to swim in the lake, grill hamburgers, watch fireworks, and ride bikes.  ALL American, right?!!  I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures soon. In the meantime I've been sewing away and getting things together for Monday Made It and America's Birthday! S top by Fourth Grade Frolics to see what other teach ers have been up to.   Nothing too exciting...unless dressing up your coffee makes you giddy!!   Now that is one good-looking coffee... I think they would make cozy cute gifts. Wouldn't you LOVE the chance to win one for you and a friend ? If you win you can choose your favorite colors or your school color s. Just enter below and I will anno unce and email the winner Wed nesday. a Rafflecopter giveaway Now I think it's only fair to share the FAIL S that we have as we are learning.  If you can't laugh at yourself then........you're probably NO FUN to be around. I thought the anchors ...

First Linky!!! Monday Made It.....

Well, this is my. very. first. linky. linkup. (GASP!)  It took my friend Michelle  to explain this to me.  really?! .......I was just kinda afraid I'd mess something up. BUT now that I've explained that this is my first time, I'm sure y'all will be forgiving.  right?  Obviously, I have been busy crafting but nothing for my classroom (soon....very soon, I will) so I thought, what a perfect linky to begin with.  I'm linking up with  Tara at 4th Grade Frolic This little craft is bitter sweet.  My lil' sass and I transformed her Disney Princess toy box (once again, i feel the need to explain our floor renovations....please excuse our mess) into a big girl storage chest.  A friend bought me some contact paper from TJ Max and that is what I used to cover the lid.  She LOVES it!   Okay in other news, our swimming pool motor blew up (smoke and all) on the very first Saturday we were out of school.  Geeezz!!--and it took...

Behavior that Makes Cents!

I've decided for this next school year to implement $$ into my behavior clip chart.  Our school has certain colors and points that they want us to use and deduct from each child's conduct grade based on the child's color/conduct clip.  So each year I jazz up my color chart BUT this year I'm implementing Coins.......get it???!!!  Behavior that Makes Cents!!  Okay.......this is how it will work in my classroom.  Each day the students will stamp their behavior calendar with a coin stamp based on our color chart.  For example, black will be used for a quarter because black is considered exceptional behavior throughout the day. They will use a green stamp for dimes, yellow stamp for nickels, and a red stamp for a penny.  Although, I rarely have color changes, I truly feel like this will motivate them to not only KNOW their coins but be able to add them up.  They will NEED to know how much they have in order to spend their money on Friday.   ...